Thursday, February 2, 2012

DO YOU BELIEVE IN ANGELS?




        Do you believe in Angels?   I believe Angels are all around us and but we don’t recognize them as Angels.  Only Hollywood dresses them in white robes with wings.  Last Friday Joyce and I had an encounter with an Angel outside of Aldi’s Foods. 

        A few months ago I had my tires aligned.  I could look at my tires and tell that an alignment was needed.  Jeff, at Perryman’s Alignment told me that I would need to get new tires before too much longer.  “You definitely need them before winter,” he said.

        I’ve been waiting for winter to come.  At least, that was my excuse.  I knew I needed to buy new tires but I kept putting it off.  I had other “more important” things to do.  I was so busy during the holidays and no one wants to buy new tires for Christmas, do they?   I will get them after the first of the year, I thought. 

        Joyce’s car was due for a major service so we took her car to the dealership last Thursday afternoon.  Then we drove my truck to Durham for a show and drove back late Thursday night.  I noticed that my steering wheel was shaking a little more than normal.  I thought about needing new tires.  When I get them I will get another alignment and the shaking will stop, I thought. 

        Friday afternoon we were going to get Joyce’s car.  Joyce told me we needed to stop by Aldi’s to pick up a couple of items that they always have at a great price.  Then we would go and get her car.  I had it all scheduled.  

        When we were getting into my truck, a man walked up and said, “My wife said I shouldn’t say anything, but I think you need to know.  Your tire is in bad shape.  You can see the steel thread and there is a knot on the tire.  You need to do something about it.” 
        He pointed it out to me.  My tires should have been replaced 5,000 miles before.  I should have gotten new tires shortly after the alignment months before.  But, I didn’t listen. The tire on the passenger front was really dangerous.  Suddenly, our first priority was getting new tires for my truck.  Within a couple of hours I had brand new tires. 

        I thought about driving to Durham and back the night before.  That tire could have blown at any time. Who knows what would have happened. We not only had an Angel riding with us, but the next day in the parking lot of Aldi’s, an Angel told me something I needed to hear and instructed me to do something that I had put off for too long. 

        I hope I see him again, because I want to thank him.  But you know I may never see him.  Angels are like that.   And I believe in Angels.

No comments:

Post a Comment